Pumpkin and Gouda Pizza
Fall flavors that can’t be beat
- - 1 12” Crustology® pizza crust, any variety
- - 2 tbsp. olive oil
- - 1 large sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- - 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- - 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- - 1/2 tsp. salt
- - 3/4 can pumpkin puree
- - 2 cups gouda cheese, shredded
- - Parsley (optional), chopped
1. Place pizza crust on a pan or screen with the darker, bubbled side down.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and onions, and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper during the final three minutes and red pepper flakes, if desired.
3. Spread the pumpkin puree evenly over the entire crust.
4. Scatter the onions over the pizza and top with gouda cheese.
5. Cook in the lower half of your oven (with convection OFF) at 450°F for 8-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted.
6. Garnish the pizza with chopped parsley (optional), serve, and enjoy!