It’s showtime for grilling season—and your pizzas should be no exception. Crustology® pizza crusts are incredibly versatile and can be cooked in a variety of ways, including on the grill. With summertime just around the corner, we’re here to show you how to wow your friends, family, and neighbors with the best grilled pizza on the block.
Learn how to grill the perfect pizza
The following step-by-step instructions will take you through how to grill the perfect pizza with the Crustology® crust of your choosing:
- Choose your favorite Crustology® crust.
- Lightly brush both sides of the crust with water.
- Heat your grill to 450-500°F.
- Toss the crust on the grill for 30 seconds on each side until the crust starts to brown.
Prep and Cook
- Top your crust with your desired toppings.
- Slide the topped pizza directly onto the grill grates, and put the cover on the grill to create an oven-like environment.
- Cook on the grill the pizza for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the pizza and rotate it in and out of the coals as needed so the bottom doesn’t burn before the toppings are done cooking.
- Take the pizza off the grill when the bottom of the crust looks done and the toppings and cheese are melted.
- After removing your pizza from the grill, let it cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting it. Eat and enjoy!
Pizza recipes to try on the grill
You can’t go wrong with a grilled pizza, no matter what toppings you decide to layer on. For anyone needing a little inspiration, Crustology® has a few pizza recipes lined up that are sure to steal the show at your next backyard party.